Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
metal roof question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: metal roof question
- From: "Andy Richardson" <arichardson(--nospam--at)wardedwards.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:06:18 -0400
I was looking at a commercial job and noticed that they were using a standing seam metal roof and no plywood. The metal was placed over the system of purlins and trusses, and there was no “x” bracing in the plane of the roof. I am in a high wind area, and wonder how they are doing this in terms of diaphragm forces. Are there metal roofs that have published diaphragm values?
- Prev by Subject: McGraw-Hill Construction Hurricane Katrina Resources Guide - FYI
- Next by Subject: RE: metal roof question
- Previous by thread: RE: Expoxy type grout for anchor bolt
- Next by thread: RE: metal roof question