Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
HSS moment connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: HSS moment connections
- From: "Ed Tornberg" <ed(--nospam--at)tornbergconsulting.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:26:38 -0700
For a tube to tube moment connection, I’m used to showing the tubes with miter cuts, then calling out full penetration weld all round.
The contractor wants to keep the ends square, butt them, cap the open end, and call it good. Is that okay? I suppose if the welds are still accomplished properly it would work. In fact, the inside corner might be easier this way.
Forgive me, I’m not a detailer and don’t have an HSS connections manual.
Tornberg Consulting, LLC
- Prev by Subject: Re: HSS Connections - Not Conventional
- Next by Subject: Re: HSS moment connections
- Previous by thread: RE: What a Structural Engineer Should Memorize
- Next by thread: Re: HSS moment connections