RE: Railroad Loads

Rich- The AREA manual gives this information.  I believe I have an old copy (loads for this designation probably haven’t changed) and can FAX it to you if/when I find it.  Send me you FAX number.

Candi Anderson, P.E.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 2:30 PM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Railroad Loads

Where would I go to find loads for railroad tracks?  I have an industrial building where the rails will be brought into the building.  The slab will match the top of rails and fork traffic will run over them.  The loading is designated as “Cooper E80”.  Can anyone tell me what this means?

Also, any other helpful information for this detail and design would be appreciate.

Rich