RE: Buying a plotter

Jim:

If you can avoid it, DON'T BUY ONE...

I bought the HP "state of the art machine" two years ago....no one in this
offer
EVER uses it!

*(*&^%^%$#$@$%^&*(*

What a waste of money!

Its one of the few things I really get tick about...

Plus, getting reimbursed is very difficult!

Clients tend to be better about paying plotting bills when they come from an
outside vendor rather than your "plot log"

If you can, have everything sent out to a printing service and get a decent
copier that does 11x17s.

That?s what 99% of our in-house printing is.

That way, the service takes care of maintenance, upgrades, supplies, etc...

One less headache!

David L. Fisher  SE  PE
Senior Principal
Fisher + Partners Structural Engineers inc
372 West Ontario
Chicago 60610

312.573.1701
312.573.1726 fax