RE: Visual Analysis

Dang it Brian. Didn't you hear Eli we're not supposed to help.

:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Harris, Brian [mailto:Harris.B(--nospam--at)portseattle.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: jpriley485(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Visual Analysis

John-

I encountered your problem in the past when using RISA-3D and their
rigid diaphragm feature.  IIRC, the recommended solution was to take the
nodes you need to restrain and move them slightly above or below the
plane of the diaphragm.  We're talking moving them a fraction of an
inch, not enough to have a significant impact on the model results, but
such that the program does not see them as being part of the diaphragm.

Seems like this should work for your program as well.

Brian J. Harris, P.E.
harris.b(--nospam--at)portseattle.org