Re: Green Sandwich Technology

Ben:

It appears that this system is very similar to W-Panels, Impact or Insteel panels, but using "eco-friindly" materials, like the foam and the steel. When I check Greensandwich Technologies I didn't couldn't find an ICBO approval. If there is one, read it very carefully. We've seen some pretty lousy ICBO approvals in the last couple of years.

We designed structures using these kinds of products in the late 70's. W-Panels which manufactured by CSM Company in Chino is no longer in business. We have some structural details here someplace as we did the original design manual in 1978.

I actually think this is a very good system if done right. There is a whole tract of homes constructed out of the W-Panel system in Chino. They also were being used extensively in Nigeria by a American company by the name of Messchersmidt(?).

Neil Moore, S.E.
shingle springs, ca