Concrete Cover (Flat Slab)

I would like to find out what other engineers are using as concrete cover for the underside of flat plate slab. The slab is covering an underground (basement) parking for an apartment building.  The code say that the clear cover shall be 1 1/2" if it exposed to weather and 3/4" if it is not.  Since it is covered, I always use 3/4" clear cover for #5 and less bars.  But how about the slabs adjacent to the ramp? They are somewhat be exposed to weather, dont you think? Thanks for your input.

ASQuilala