Re: Buying a plotter

I posted a similar question last year.  I ended up
buying a new HP 430 plotter, which only does b&w, 24"
wide roll or sheets, but that's all that I need(ed).
I paid $1,500 brand new, because a used/refurbished
one on Ebay, etc. was selling for about $800.  So, I
sprung for a new one, and it paid for itself with the
first job I had.

Like Gerard mentioned, places like BPS Repro in the SF
bay area are good quality, but expensive for the first
print from a plot/PDF file.  I normally print an
original (on trans-bond), then take it down to a repro
place at 25 or 30 cents a foot.  A lot cheaper, and
worth it.

You just need to incorporate into your fee a little
bit for the initial print, then provide the receipt
for the add'l prints to your client.

Hope this helps.
DT

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs