Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Round Concrete beam[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Round Concrete beam
- From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:35:44 -0700
Our office is in the process of a move, so most of my library is in boxes. I am attempting to do some design for a home where the architect wants to use an ICF type of wall construction. This particular manufacturer has yet to complete testing, so there aren’t design tables available from the manufacturer. Basically the vertical cells are round with a single #5 bar centered in the cell. To find the flexural capacity of the cell, can I use a square section with an equivalent area? It seems I read that in a design manual for ICF type of products but I can’t find the manual because of the move. Can anyone comment, or should I keep looking for the manual. Please don’t make me go through all those boxes.
Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.
Civil Engineering and Surveying
1146 W. Hwy 89A Suite B
Sedona, AZ 86340
PHONE (928) 282-1061
FAX (928) 282-2058
- Prev by Subject: Re: Roof sheets blown off
- Next by Subject: RE: Round Concrete beam
- Previous by thread: RE: Question of Ethics
- Next by thread: RE: Round Concrete beam