Re: contouring in Autocad

That actually sounds like a pretty good way to do it manually.

Being a civil guy turned structural and now back to civil (don't
shoot me), the two civil companies I have worked work have always
used Eagle Point. Basically, EP creates a 3D TIN and then generates
the contours as 3D polylines.

I've not used an AutoDesk product other than basic AutoCAD, but I'm
sure their Land Desktop addin certainly has this feature.

I've seen several other "cheap" AutoCAD plugins, but haven't used
them much and my experience with them has been less than stellar.

Jeremy

(08/25/2005 14:17)