RE: Epoxy Repair of Wood

Dear James:

I thought you might be interested in knowing that the existing wood elements
can be strengthened using fiber composites (FRP).  The problem with steel
angles is that they weigh so much that a great portion of the new strength
will be wasted in resisting the added weight of the steel sections.  We have
done a few such projects with FRP and one that includes strengthening the
gluelam beams in a high school gymnasium received the Award of Excellence
from the SEA of Arizona.  There was a story about this project in the Feb
2004 issue of Structure Magazine also.  Please see the following link:
http://quakewrap.com/coolidge.html

In addition to materials, we offer installation services by our own
technicians.  If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call
me.

Mo Ehsani, Ph.D., S.E.
Professor of Civil Engineering, Univ. of Arizona, and
President, QuakeWrap, Inc.
Cell: (520) 250-7020
Email: Mo(--nospam--at)QuakeWrap.com