UBC 97 vs NBCC 95

Question for those doing both systems.

I'm reviewing a tent design for use in BC, Canada, and I am comparing "specified" wind loads developed from NBCC guidelines with UBC 97 Section 1613 +/-.

I'm finding that NBCC loads are higher than UBC 97 loads (?).

Also, when I use the NBCC to calculate pressures from wind velocity, I get higher psf than shown on Table 16-F.  That's not so much of a problem as the CpCg factors that I use to get the wind pressures for the design.  I get significantly higher loads using NBCC (in the order of 30 to 70% depending on use of end zones etc).  NBCC doesn't have exposure zones ....

Can anyone tell me if I'm using the wrong factors to make a direct comparison?  It seems that the "specified" loads should be similar (?).

Thor Tandy P.Eng MIStructE
Victoria, BC
Canada
vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net