Re: Tall stud wall framing / IRC rant

Bingo.  Exactly.

If you use a code (whether engineered-based or prescriptive-based), it is
still the user's responsibility to read all of it and understand it.
Misleading is not necessarily unclear or conflicting.  If the table in
question was written so that it was unclear or the requirements could not
be agreed upon in general, then that is one thing...but that does not seem
to be the case.  It seems that it was a matter of not reading the whole
thing (misleading as it might be).

But, then that is just shots from the peanut gallery.  ;-)

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI