Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Seismic Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Seismic Design
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:39:51 EDT
Okay, stepping back a little, say you were trying to describe the difference between a building in San Francisco and one where you didn't need to design for either wind or seismic.
I.e. you are comparing a building where lateral load controls to one where gravity load controls.
If someone looked at the two buildings during construction, after they had been topped out, but before any exterior cladding, etc. had been put up, what would they notice as being different about the two buildings.
Assume it's a 20-story office building.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Seismic Design
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Design
- Previous by thread: Re: Seismic Design
- Next by thread: Re: Seismic Design