RE: Joliet prison is a 'Break'-out star

I agree.

Besides, I doubt that anyone is gonna claim that no one on this list is
gonna claim that every single structural engineer in the world is a
perfect little angel that has never committed a crime and been convicted
of it with the result of being put in jail.

The end result is that it is a fantasyland, entertainment story.  Who
cares what the main character's profession is.  If everyone got heart-burn
over their profession, religion, ethic group, sex, etc being portrayed in
a less than positive way, then we might as well eliminate TV, movies,
books, etc.  Heck, if that is the problem, then don't read the papers or
watch the news, as you might be faced with someone REAL doing something
"bad" and being portrayed in a less than positive way.

In the end, I say "get over it".  The fact that this character is a
structural engineer and is potentially portrayed in a less than positive
manner will likely have absolutely no effect on the images of structural
engineers.  I am willing to bet that fact that the character is a
structural engineer will only be mentioned or highlighted a couple of
times before the "thick of the plot" just makes the story run "on its
own".  The end result is that more than likely you could ask 100 viewers
of the show next summer what this character's profession was and the vast
majority will likely not remember (or care).

If you are so worried about structural engineer's images, then I suggest
the better way to deal with is get just one contractor to stop bad
mouthing structural engineers with comments like "this is way over
designed" or "you are wasting the owners money with this way over designed
building".

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI