Re: Seismic Design

Gail,
Contact the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction.
They are offering a course (Nov) in design of a 3 storey
office building updated for the new Nat'l Bldg Code
of Can due out in Sept. In the course, they design the
same building for Toronto(low EQ so wind governs)
Montreal(moderate EQ) and Vancouver(high EQ)so you can
see the differences in the course designs and sketches.
They might be able to help you or perhaps you can
purchase the text binder. CISC Phone 416-491-4552 &
ask for Mike Gilmor or Dave McKinnon.
Gary