Technology and Structural Engineering

Hello all:

We all know how much technology has transformed the way we think, operate and manage our daily lives.  This raises a few related questions:  How much of the technological change have the veterans of this forum have seen?  And I do not mean just the emails and internet..  Has the way we look at the problem (or solution) today changed since the last 10 years or so?  Also, how has structural engineering as a profession changed in the past 20 years?  Are we up to the speed in adapting to the technological change (where are we as compared to other fields)?  Or is something lacking?   I would like to hear your opinions..

-Chitra

Chitra N. Javdekar, Ph.D.
Prudent Solutions Inc.
30 High Street