Concrete Column Design -Plastic Centroid vs. Centroid

Hi, everybody!
{After posting this question, I have never received any response.}

According to "Reinforced Concrete - Mechanics and Design, 2nd Ed." by J. G. MacGregor,
"The moment capacity M_n for the assumed strain distribution is found
by summing the moments of all internal forces about the centroid of the column.
...In the 1950s and 1960s moments were sometimes calculated about the plastic centroid,
...[P. 410]

Is this true?
All books are using P.C. instead of centroid
 to calculate moment capacity of columns.
Why did Dr. MacGregor say that?

Does the latest edition of his book  contain the same statement?

****Wontae Kim****
Unistress Corp.
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(Tel)  413-629-2031