Re: Technology and Structural Engineering

Christopher, Thanks for your reply.  But I feel that as a profession, we as structural engineers have been somewhat lagging behind the other professions in embracing new ideas, and new developments in routine work.   What is the percent of time we spend each day following code provisions (while that is necessary) and how much in actual project conceptualization, defining goals, learning new ways to communicate and present information; to gather and analyze information regarding the structures we routinely design or have designed?

-Chitra