Re: Field Welding Costs

I can't address the welding costs.  But if you detail
a plate on the bottom wider than the bottom flange,
you can use a down hand weld.  Similarly, a plate on
the top narrower than the top flange allows a down
hand weld.  You end up with two different size plates
but the down hand weld is better and less expensive.

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ