From: "Frank Woeste" <fwoeste(--nospam--at)vt.edu>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Designing "Window Walls" per the 2003 IRC
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:50:00 -0400

We are developing a new short course (15 hours, 1.5 CEU's) on designing
residential walls with large window and door areas per the 2003
International Residential CodeT(IRC). The objectives of the October 25-27,
2005 course are a mastery of IRC prescriptive designs for wall bracing.
Understanding the 2003 IRC and the 2004 Supplements should allow for
solutions to various window wall arrangements and large openings without the
need for engineered designs. The course will present the eight methods
outlined in IRC Section R602.10.1 for basic designs, followed by
alternatives provided for unique architectural details.

The course content will be delivered on a "practical level" by reviewing
plans in a workshop environment. The instructors will discuss various
options, applying the methods to worked examples. Visit

www.conted.vt.edu/sdww/

for course details and registration.  Specific questions not covered in the
course website can be addressed to me at:fwoeste(--nospam--at)vt.edu

Thanks, Frank Woeste, P. E.
Professor Emeritus
Virginia Tech University

Thanks, Frank

Frank Woeste, Ph.D., P.E.

Our next short course at Virginia Tech is:

Designing and Evaluating Residential Walls with Large Openings

For more information and registration details, please visit:
www.conted.vt.edu/sdww/