Re: Designing "Window Walls" per the 2003 IRC

In a message dated 8/31/05 1:53:21 PM, Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:
If they are in a 150 mph zone how could you ever allow non- engineered structures to be built.
I will take earthquakes anytime.

It's called living in a fantasy world.  People were quoted as saying "I've been through hurricanes before.  It's no big deal.  But this was different!"

Yes, earthquakes!  But of course people figure "it won't happen to me," or else we wouldn't have "Conventional Construction" provisions in the code.  Aren't most people more interested in less expensive building costs now and let the future worry about earthquakes?  (Except engineers, of course)

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA