Re: Field Welding Costs

Thanks for your help.

Ray Shreenan
----- Original Message -----
From: Avicpeng
To: SEAINT
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:51 PM
Subject: Fw: Field Welding Costs

If it's still a topic.  $ are Canadian.

Thor Tandy P.Eng MIStructE
Victoria, BC
Canada
vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: Field Welding Costs

Thor,

The basic one pass weld is usually the 1/4inch fillet. For field welds in Victoria we would use a price of $1.00 per inch of weld. This price is for easy access to the work.

The 3/8 fillet weld is usually 3 passes and would be priced at $3.00 per inch.

The tricky weld is 5/16inch. Some welders can laid down a 5/16 fillet weld in one pass but at a slower rate of deposit. Others usually take 2 passes. I would suggest using $2.00 per inch.

Dave