RE: HSS vs WF columns

Bill:

I believe that?s true...

A tube steel section costs about twice as much per pound as
A rolled shape of the same weight per foot.

It surprised me as well, especially when the steel fab told me
In front of a client once in a meeting.

David L. Fisher  SE  PE
Senior Principal
Fisher + Partners Structural Engineers inc
372 West Ontario
Chicago 60610

312.573.1701
312.573.1726 fax