RE: Wood truss as drag strut

If the shearwall is an interior wall - it is very difficult to get the roof truss to be located correctly in relation to the wall location.
-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Grassley [mailto:elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wood truss as drag strut

Just run the plywood all the way up the wall and up the side of the truss and detail the nailing at the roof for the shear transfer.  Call out the shear wall nailing pattern to be done at the side of the gable truss also.  Then the gable truss isn’t doing any of the shear transfer.  You should detail the nailing from the plywood to the wall top plate also.

~~ Eli ~~