Re: Is Everyone Present And Accounted For?----[Choices]

It wouldn't be quite so bad if B.P. took the time to get his facts right.

BATON ROUGE--Today Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco forwarded a letter to President Bush requesting that he declare an emergency for the State of Louisiana due to Hurricane Katrina. The full text of the letter follows:

August 27, 2005

[snip]

I request that you declare an emergency for the State of Louisiana due to Hurricane Katrina for the time period beginning August 26, 2005, and continuing. The affected areas are all the southeastern parishes including the New Orleans Metropolitan area...

Again, this isn't the place for political rants.

Chuck Utzman, P.E.