RE: Is Everyone Present And Accounted For?----[Choices]

Should have said HOW is it that the great American relief efforts were military......
And how can we incorporate that effectiveness on the civilian side of government?
And how can the Feds coerce the states to do their part? Find some excuse to withhold their highway funds???

>>Chuck Ritter wrote:
- What are your suggestions for improving government's
 response to such catastrophes?

Answer the question - why is it that the great American relief efforts
(that I can think of - surely not an exhaustive list) of the past century
were either military or heavily dependent on the military?