RE: Is Everyone Present And Accounted For?----[Choices]

Sounds like you dodged the question.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:47 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Is Everyone Present And Accounted For?----[Choices]

Sharon Robertson wrote:

>Wasn't the reduction of government to blame for the levees only being 80%
>completed?

Government <> Effort

Do you REALLY think that we were able to build this nation from
wilderness to prosperity because we had a BIG GOVERNMENT!?!?!

Really, peoples' assumptions anymore are astonishing--and bewildering.

(Lastly: The notion that our government isn't still "growing" is a
laugh-and-a-half. Check out the latest Transporation Bill? "Pork" as far
as the eye can see. The TINY, TINY tax-cut we received with the
GRACIOUSNESS of our out-of-control government resulted in a revenue
INCREASE--just as it did during the Reagan years, and as it was
predicted to do. When you tax and tax, you remove INCENTIVE. Why the
heck should people care to build wealth when the government's gonna come
take it all away from you to give to the lazy?

(When you reduce the onerous tax burden--we are INCREDIBLY highly
taxed--people start building wealth, increase worth and the government
gets more money. That so many people are too stupid to understand that
just makes me want to cry.

(Oh, Dim politicians DO understand it; they just don't care. They care
only about reelection, and lying to people about "giving money to the
rich" is their most tried-and-true weapon.

(Remember: Government never "gives" money to anyone, because they don't
have any. They don't MAKE wealth! They take it from them that have, and
give it to them that don't: Income redistribution. It's the cheapest way
for incumbent politicians to fund their own campaigns).