Re: Available for engineering help - Katrina

Caldwell, Stan wrote:

The need for rebuilding single family homes in NOLA might be much less
than one might think.  To date, at least 250,000 refugees from NOLA have
found their way into Texas.  So far, we have received about 25,000 in
Dallas.  Houston has received more than twice that number.

We actually had our school system superintendent make auto-dialed phonecalls featuring his prerecorded message about the number of people now coming or expected to come into our community in the near term.

I also noted that our typical church meeting attendance of about 120 was bolstered by at least ten additional people (by my count) that were self-described "refugees" from the storm.

Turn N.O. into a museum with glass-bottom boat tours every fifteen minutes.