Re: Katrina emergency response

Scott Maxwell wrote:

My point is that there is plenty of blame to go around.
No there's not.

There's just plenty of post-mortem political posturing.

Look at the destruction in FL and LA in the wake of Hurricane Andrew in 1990. I don't remember ANYONE yammering on about "whose fault it was," because Democrats weren't out of power and so no one felt the need to resort to it.

This WHOLE THING is a political construction, period.

And anyone who thinks a Category 5 Hurricane is the direct function of "failure to implement Kyoto" has his head so far up his rectum he's a walking (well, "rolling") self-infecting tape worm. This demagoguery of pretending that ANYTHING is different now than it has ever been in Earth's history (where we KNOW there has been wide fluctuations in global climate--http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/11/011120045859.htm) is stunning, except you have to "follow the money."

The Leftist elites want nothing better than to have power ceded to them through any mechanism possible--and they'll lie about the reasons for HURRICANE DEVELOPMENT if that's what it takes.

And if the majority in this country continues to fall for this canard, that an elitist-run government can "protect us" from everything, then we deserve what we get.