Re: Katrina emergency response

> You can call it whatever you want, but we are on the scene as soon as
> humanly possible.

I have no doubt of it, but that's really not the point.

The point is that it is beyond ridiculous to expect that Federal
authorities ought to bear the primary burden for disaster response.

Things have turned so topsy-turvy in this country since the FDR's tenure,
that a person can make a comment like "we need to help the ill and dying
in the Superdome! Everyone call your congressman!" online, and not realize
how preposterously ridiculous she sounds.