Re: Katrina emergency response

Sharon Robertson wrote:

Joe Allbaugh, a crony from Texas, as head of FEMA.

March 2003: FEMA is downgraded from a cabinet level
position and folded into the Department of Homeland
Security. Its mission is refocused on fighting acts
of terrorism.

Sheesh. Talk about your "talking points."

And FEMA was never a "cabinet level position." It was an independent agency before being "folded" into DHS. DHS *IS* a cabinet-level agency, FWIW.

There has never been a "Secretary of FEMA" to my knowledge.

Oh, and the bit about FEMA getting too big for itself is TRUE.

You simply can't get off this prime assumption that only the Federal government can solve all problems.