Re: Katrina emergency response

You mean much like your posturing?

I see all your comments about how "...the local and state officials in LA
whose immediate first impulse was to read talking points sent them from
the DNC's fax machines rather than just get to work."  I am curious do you
have anything to base this on other than pure speculation?  Did you happen
to quit doing engineering, move to an NO area and work in say the mayor's
office and actually SEE such faxes?  Or is that you are just as guilty of
the "political posturing" as the politicians?

Or maybe, just maybe, there is more to it that your narrow and seemingly
insensitive mind is willing to see.  Maybe some of these officials are
lashing out at the best and most visible target cause they just a little
bit upset, eh?  Maybe Bush and the Feds deserve a little of the blame for
a poor response?  Frankly, I don't know and won't be arrogant enough (like
you) to assume to fully know what, if any, their motivation is for their
comments.  But, we will all just listen to your posturing since you
CLEARLY know everything.  I shall just bow to your wisdom and return the
"unwashed" ignorant masses that are your lessers.  (FWIW, I am
curious...if you go down to help out with some of the "refugees" in your
area, after you berate them for the gall of saying something bad about
Bush, are you gonna kick them a little while you are at it?...no wonder
conservatives have to work at the whole "compassionate conservative"
image).

And for what it is worth, I seem to recall that there are plenty of
Republicans that are criticizing the Bush and the federal response.  I
suppose that they got the DNC memos too and where just too dumb to realize
that they came from the DNC rather than the RNC.

To the others, sorry for the rant, but frankly some of Bill's comment I
find rather offensive.  I am sorry for allowing myself to be pulled into
his political tirade.  No more from me.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI