Re: Available for engineering help - Katrina

Jordan Truesdell, PE wrote:

> WRT the west coast and Florida, um, yes - I'd let them go. Nice
> places, but it's not like we don't know about the perils.  Don't get
> me wrong - I'm happy to let a group of private investors go in and
> shore up the place.

What you said.

The notion that EVERYONE has a responsibility to prop up the lifestyle
choices of a few...

Well, that's one of the "truisms" that has gotten us where we are today.

I'm trying to put myself in the place of those who grew up in New
Orleans, and try as I might I don't get it.

What in the world possesses so many to think they are "owed" by everyone
else?