Re: Is Everyone Present And Accounted For?----[Choices]

Thomas Honles wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I think you confuse risk to property with risk to life. Weld failures
> in steel frame buildings in the 1994 Northridge earthquake killed no
> one IIRC.

You wanna re-read what I wrote, and THEN do you wanna run that past me
again?

Here's what I said in a nutshell: "This situation (broken welds) is
allowed to remain even though in the event of a big-boy earthquake,
buildings are likely going to fall and people are going to be killed.
It's a calculated risk."

FWIW, the people in N.O. who died CHOSE to remain even though told to
leave. Those who COULDN'T leave, were supposed to have been
force-evacuated via city-owned buses--hundred of which were parked just
blocks away from the Superdome, according to the City's own published
Disaster Plan.

None of that was done. But it's "Bush's fault"?

Please.