From: Gary Grinstead [mailto:Gary.Grinstead(--nospam--at)ci.stockton.ca.us]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:28 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: CMU Wall Rigidity

I have a question regarding CMU wall rigidities.  For the current method of
Solid Wall - Strip with openings + Piers, all my references naturally show
openings with the same elevation.  Usually either a door and window with the
top of the openings at the same level; or several windows with the same
height and elevation.  Since architects are strange creatures, this is not
always the reality.  How would you go about calculating the rigidity of a
wall with openings as shown below (apologies in advance for the crude ASCII
drawing).

Gary Grinstead

=================================