California Building Code

Is there any single document that defines the applicability of
amendments to the 1997 UBC adopted by various agencies in California?

I have a copy of the 1998 California Building Code (CBC) (I'm working on
getting the 2001 version).  The CBC includes "Matrix Adoption Tables" as
well as a list of "Adopting State Agencies".  But I cannot find a clear
definition of what types of structures each agency has jurisdiction over
(e.g., I understand that DSA adopts code provisions related to schools
and I assume that OSHPD adopts code provisions related to hospitals).
But is there a document that defines such agency jurisdictions, other
than reading the entire California Code of Regulations?

(I am specifically interested in any amendments relating to municipal
water and wastewater treatment facilities.)

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311