Re: Bill Polhemus

Unfortunately the list administrator has been  absent for some time.  Bill has constantly abused the situation to initiate these "discussions" repeatedly.  His head is so far up his ass that he now doesn't even regard his rants as political-- he seems to think he's just providing a public service educational service for us unenlightened engineers.

His primary source seems to be Faux News & various right-wing blogs.  I would guess from his surplus of free time, he's as valued an engineer in his home town as he is an objective observer here.  If you have a junk mail filter you can perhaps tag his posts as Junk.  This doesn't really solve the problem since enough of us rise to the bait to clog up as otherwise valuable forum with inappropriate discussions/comments.

One can only hope someday the list administrator  will throw his ass off this list.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Rich Warren wrote:

TO ALL:

I recently joined this forum with the intent to discuss matters related to our trade – Structural Engineering.  However, only one in twenty e-mails is related to the field.  The rest, to me are undesirable and should be taken to another forum.  Is there anyone on the Board of SEA participating in this forum?  Can something be done to hold down the political rantings and inappropriate discussions?

It is entirely appropriate to discuss matter related to Katrina as they affect our trade.  The rest should be taken offline.  Please be more considerate of others in the future.

Rich Warren P.E.