Re: Markers for PE exam reference materials?

PE is an open book exam.

SG
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:06 AM
Subject: Markers for PE exam reference materials?

Just looking for a little clarification on the reference materials for
the PE exam. The following is found on the NCEES website regarding
reference materials.

- - - - -
Frequently Asked Questions

1. May I have page markers or tabs in my reference materials?

Page markers, including self-adhesive tabs and sticky notes, are not
permitted in closed-book exams.
- - - - -

I understand this that even permanent, in place markers can't be used
on ANY of the reference materials? Even if the markers have been in
place for years, they still must be removed.

I've sent this same email to my state license office, but they are
still out of the office due to the hurricane (I'm in MS).

I've spoken to several people who the exam around 2002 (the new format),
 but they were allowed to have markers.  For those that have taken
the PE exam recently, was this the case for you?

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org