Re: Wood Grading Stamp

Good solution.

I only comment on this as I want to make it clear that I was never
advocating letting the contractor off the hook.  The intent of the spec
requirement original stated was to get a specific grade and have it
verified that the grade required is the grade that was provided.  My point
is that this does not necessarily require an actual grade stamp on the
lumber/timber as the spec seemed to have specifically called for.  So, it
was possible that the contractor would be willing to verify the grade, but
just could/would not put a grade stamp on it.

So, I would still certainly hold the contractor to the requirement to
verify/proof the grade supplied is what was required.  It just may not
come in the form of the "letter of the law" (i.e. excatly how the spec
required in the form of a grade stamp on the timber).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI