From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 3:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: CA PE Civil specific exams

I won't comment on the books because it was so long ago that I took the
exam (1998), I'm not sure what's current/good. Check at www.ppi2pass.com
if it's still around.

The surveying test is very easy, just don't waste time trying to study
all the diagrams - start the problems and look to the diagrams for the
needed info. Don't try to fully absorb everything on the diagrams then
do the 6-10 problems associated with the picture, you don't have time
for that.

On seismic, it was basically all UBC/CBC ch. 16. Know the exceptions on
the footnotes and you should be fine. Know your wall anchorage and
subdiaphragm principles. This is also an easy test.

The take home test is the easiest of all, but still a pain in the ass
after sitting there for 2 days, you just want it to be done. Luckily,
you'll only be there for 1 day.

hth
-gm