Re: Field welding

Scott Maxwell wrote:

I don't want to give the impression that just believe that what the
engineer requires is pure "gospel".

Well, but the buck stops with the Engineer. To whom is given great responsibility must also be given great authority.

I don't have a problem with being that "authority," I just have a problem with what I see as arbitrary requirements that don't come from the immense knowledge-base we've put together over decades, as codified in our codes and standards.

We ought to refer to those, first, before we head off on our own recognizance. I actually LIKE this "consensus building" thing.