Re: Field welding

Scott Maxwell wrote:

Actually, I would say that the "inspected" vs. "uninspected" strength of
masonry has not really disappeared.  It is still there, just that we no
longer permit uninspected masonry...there is ALWAYS some level of
inspection.

We're saying the same thing, though.

It is insane to expect that the level of workmanship for uninspected masonry is so consistent as to pin a factor on it.

Now, if you want to say "this level of inspection gets this, and that level gets that," a la AWWA D-100 for water tanks (percentage of welds radiographed, in that instance), I can see it. But just saying "we've never clapped eyes on it, so we'll say it's X" is not rational, IMO.