Re: Bill Polhemus

Scott Maxwell wrote:

Bill,

Tell me where in ANY of my posts I have stated that I believed that the
state/local response was perfect and they have made no mistakes.  I have
repeatedly stated that I think that there is plenty of blame to go around,

That's not the point.

The point is that it's irrelevant, and no different now than it ever has been. Anyone who remembers Andrew ought to understand that no battle plan survives first contact.

However, the Left has shamelessly jumped on everything of this kind, from the deaths of our fighting men in Iraq to this catastrophe, and made it a referendum on Bush.

As I said before: I'm not much of a Bush fan--he's not a conservative and is no more observant of constitutional principles than Bill Clinton was, actually.

But he is a good, moral man--vastly different from the last guy we had in the White House. And yet the Left continues to throw stones from inside their glass houses (if you can show me one "good" thing Ted Kennedy, to name just one, has done that hasn't come from spending someone else's money, I'd like to hear it, for example).

There is plenty of time for the post-mortem later--and I'm confident it will show that the most egregious let-downs were at the city, county and state level, where the brunt of the responsibility must ALWAYS be. The facts that have come out already--especially those regarding the cowardly and even sinister behavior of the NOPD, the blocking of distribution of the Red Cross's pre-placed supplies by the LA Homeland Security and National Guard aparatchiks, and the refusal of Gov. Blanco to allow FEMA to do its job, are just of the few of the amazing things we've learned about. They'd be bad enough on the merits, but when you add to that these same officials' blaming the Federal level for the problems, it just stinks like a DNC put-up job.

To try to make political hay out of this now, when people are still trying to get a grasp of the scope of this disaster, is the most immoral, vomitous thing I've ever witnessed--and I thought I'd already figured how low the Left could go.

I remain nauseated every waking hour, whenever I read articles like this one:

Here is Houston, and Texas, doing its d*mnedest to pitch in and help, and there's the Left's "newspaper of record" making the most outrageous allegations while the slime still roils in the streets of New Orleans (not that the NYT would recognize "slime" when it saw it--comes from living in the stuff every day).