Re: CE Exam - Taking Structural in the PM?

I would be careful with your assumption the majority on this list have
taken the structural depth exam.  That would likely be true of relatively
new PEs, but those that have taken the exam more than about 2 or 3 years
ago (I believe that is about when the change occurred) would have taken an
exam of a completely different format.  For example, I cannot comment as I
have not taken the new format exam.  I know the general format of the exam
under the new format (i.e. all multple guess problems; all general civil
problems in the morning; sub-discipline concentrated problems in the
afternoon), but cannot comment on the difficultly of the questions.  I can
say that from my experience, I considered the PE level exams (Civil and
Struct I...have taken both) to be rather easy, but it is possible that the
change in format could have changed that some (although I rather doubt
it).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI