Re: Field welding

Scott Maxwell wrote:

And you think that there are not "arbitrary" things in the codes?

Depends on your definition of "arbitrary," I suppose.

I don't consider it "arbitrary" to debate and discuss provisions among delegates to a code-writing committee, and then put them to a vote.

I realize that there are code provisions that may be questionable as to their wisdom in the fulness of time, but that's true of virtually any human endeavor.

Certainly they are less arbitrary than many--if not most--of the decisions handed down by the U.S. Ninth Circuit.