RE: CE Exam - Taking Structural in the PM?

Jeremy,

I understand the tough position you are facing... I passed the Ohio PE
exam with Structural afternoon depth last spring. Even with 4 years of
structural design experience, it was hard to feel confident when I saw
how extensive the design questions are for each structural topic. It
takes a full suitcase and a lot of cash to even bring half of the
required design/code reference materials. You can always tell on exam
day who's attempting to take the PE exam with structural depth by what
they need to haul to the testing center.

I also have worked at a CE firm since graduating college, so I also
thought about other afternoon depth options. As a structural engineer I
felt it was my obligation to pass the structural afternoon portion even
though it required much more studying. I would agree that the feedback
from other colleagues reveals the water resources and transportation
afternoon depth exams require much less study time to achieve passing
scores. Although, each State may be passing the same percentage of test
takers in each different afternoon depth section.

Good Luck,
Mark, OH