RE: CE Exam - Taking Structural in the PM?

I took the structural depth exam last spring.  It was challenging.  Not
"hard."

If you have done primarily structural engineering work for the past 4 years,
you should be fine. If you plan to continue doing structural work, I think
it a crap cop out to take a different depth exam. What are people afraid of?
If you can't pass the test, maybe you shouldn't be doing the work in the
first place. I found that the time I put in to studying for the test was a
great investment into helping me at my actual job. Why would you want to
spend days and days of time studying something that you'll probably never
use again?  What's the benefit?  Is it because you might save a few hours of
study time compared to studying for the structural depth exam?? If you
study, you will pass, bottom line.

People that take the PE exam just to get a piece of paper that says you are
smart are missing the whole point.  It is an honor and a responsibility to
be a PE. Take it seriously and people will take you seriously.

Good luck.

~~ Eli Grassley, PE