From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 3:55 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Don't Mess With... (WAS can we please rename this thread)

Caldwell, Stan wrote:

>At the very least, don't paint all Texans with the same stereotypical
>brush.  Over the past week, Texas has absorbed more than 250,000 mostly
>poor refugees from Louisiana.  We have them safely quartered in more

But haven't you heard, Stan?

According to "the Newspaper of Record," the NYTimes, Houston (for one)
is just letting these people in so we can exploit them

I kid you not, the article is here:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/09/05/business/goldrush.php

It starts off most auspiciously: "No one would accuse this city of being
timid in the scramble to profit from the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina."

Sounds like our buddy Scott H. has been doing some ghostwriting, maybe.

(Oh, and as Austin Bay <http://austinbay.net/blog/?p=557> has
discovered, the DOMESTIC CONSUMPTION article has been edited from that
above, which is the "International" version--I guess the NYTimes knows
its audience, eh?)