Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: CMU repair[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: CMU repair
- From: Robert Kazanjy <rkazanjy(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:29:57 -0700
How long is the crack? Is the wall grouted?
For cracks in concrete walls I have used with success Hilti crack repair system
give your local Hilti or Sika rep a call, both companies have a wide range products.
I have also used Sikadur AnchorFix-1 & -2 for cosmetic crack repair.
Both come in a 2 part system packaged in a standard chalking gun cartridge for use in a standard chalking gun.
The mixing nozzle can be used drive the product into the crack (~1/4" deep).
Both products gel VERY quickly ~3 to 5 minutes depending on temperature, so be prepared to work fast or it will harden in the nozzle!
I have a case where the corner of a CMU exterior wall was hit and now
has a crack about 3/16" wide in it. I am looking for some some of
sealant/epoxy that will fill the crack to keep out rain.
- CMU repair
- From: Drew Morris
- CMU repair
- Prev by Subject: CMU repair
- Next by Subject: CMU Stair/Elevator Shaft
- Previous by thread: CMU repair
- Next by thread: Valley Rafters